Do you have a great link, helpful resource or incredible event to share?
Please contact us at email@example.com to let us know!
- Earthwalk Northwest http://www.earthwalknorthwest.com/ Earthwalk Northwest offers programs focusing on earth awareness and primitive living skills, including primitive bow making, fire by friction, wild edibles, and much more. The unique courses provide in-depth, hands-on experience, allowing participants to deepen their understanding of traditional skills while learning how to wisely use and honor the many gifts the earth has to offer.
- Living Medicine Project https://www.livingmedicineproject.com Healing naturally in modern time.
- Oak and Orca Bioregional School http://oakandorca.ca/ With programs for home learners, a small 3 room school house, summer programs, and daily Out of School Care, Oak and Orca is a place that is always full of life. Committed to providing quality programs with an environmental perspective and choices for children.
- Paleoplanet http://www.paleoplanet.net/ An internet forum where people share primitive skills. This is where the moccasin design comes from for the popular moccasins workshop.
- Primitive Ways http://www.primitiveways.com/
- Ravenbeak Natureworks http://www.ravenbeak.com Dedicated to bringing back the traditional wooden bow, Jamie and Jenna make pacific yew wood bows and teach people to build their own in hands-on workshops.
- Saskatoon Circle http://www.saskatooncircle.com/ Saskatoon Circle Primitive and Traditional Living Skills Gathering takes place in the North Cascades Wildlands of Central Washington in late September. Saskatoon Circle’s emphasis is on basic living skills, with a focus on ancient crafts, community connection, and co-existence with the land.
- Thomas J. Elpel's Web World Portal http://www.hollowtop.com/ Primitive Living Skills; Sustainable Living Skills; HOPS Press, LLC; Dirt Cheap Builder; Green University, LLC; Society of Primitive Technology; Wildflowers and Weeds; Jefferson River Canoe Trail; Braintain Buckskin.
- Tom Brown Jr.'s Tracker School http://www.trackerschool.com/ The Tracker School was founded in 1978 by Tom Brown Jr, Americas most renowned Tracker, and Wilderness Survival expert. Based on the teachings of Stalking Wolf, the Apache elder from whom Tom began teaching, when he was seven years old, the school has expanded to include over 75 classes, divided into eight course tracks, of the teachings that Grandfather passed to Tom.
- Where Are Your Keys? http://www.whereareyourkeys.org/ “Where Are Your Keys?” (WAYK) is an accelerated learning system designed to develop fluent speakers of all ages in a collaborative and supportive environment. Developed to save endangered languages, the WAYK framework enables native community members to quickly learn a traditional language from their elders and keep it alive for a new generation of native speakers.
- Wilderness Awareness School http://www.wildernessawareness.org/
- Wild Food Adventures http://www.wildfoodadventures.com/ Provides expertise in wild edible plants and foraging through workshops, expeditions, teaching events, presentations, outdoor guiding, and outfitting anywhere in North America. Technical advising, curriculum development, and custom research services are also available.
- Windwalker http://www.windwalker.ca/
- Directory of Primitive Skills Gatherings https://www.hollowtop.com/Primitive_Skills_Gatherings.htm A directory of primitive skills gatherings and knap-ins across North America.